firstname.lastname@example.org+86-10-62334197810 Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Building
Dr. Ning Kong received his Ph. D. in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences from the University of Wollongong in 2015. He is now a Lecturer at the School of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Science and Technology Beijing. He currently serves at the Department of Mechanical Equipment and Control Engineering. His research interests include tribology (friction, lubrication and wear), hot rolling technology, materials engineering, computational mechanics (FEM, MD), nanotechnology, structural design and analysis with various backgrounds. Dr. Kong has contributed to a number of famous journals as reviewers such as Tribology International、ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces、ACS Applied Nano Materials、Materials Letters、Royal Society Open Science、Journal of Materials and Product Technology, et al.
Ph.D., Engineering, University of Wollongong, 2015
M. S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Science and Technology Beijing, 2010
B. S., Mechanical Engineering, Yanshan University, 2007
Lecturer, School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Science and Technology Beijing, 2017-now
Postdoctoral, School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Science and Technology Beijing, 2015-2017
(1) Ning Kong*, Jiaming Zhang, Jie Zhang, Hongbo Li, Boyu Wei, Dongshan Li, Hongtao Zhu. Chemical- and mechanical-induced lubrication mechanisms during hot rolling of titanium alloys using a mixed graphene-incorporating lubricant [J]. Nanomaterials, 2020, 10 (4): 665 (1-21).
(2) Ning Kong*, Boyu Wei, Yuan Zhuang, Jie Zhang, Hongbo Li, Bo Wang. Effect of compressive prestrain on the anti-pressure and anti-wear performance of monolayer MoS2: A molecular dynamics study [J]. Nanomaterials, 2020, 10 (2): 275 (1-14).
(3) Ning Kong*, Boyu Wei, Dongshan Li, Yuan Zhuang, Guopeng Sun, Bo Wang. A study on the tribological property of MoS2/Ti-MoS2/Si multilayer nanocomposite coating deposited by magnetron sputtering [J]. RSC Advances, 2020, 10 (16): 9633-9642.
(4) Ning Kong*, Jinyu Li, Congfa Zhang, Jie Zhang, Hongbo Li, Haowei Wang, Biao Li, Yuan Wang. A study on mechanical characteristics and self-preservation performance of the deployment mechanism with large exhibition ratio during its gathering process [J]. Materials, 2020, 13 (7): 1650 (1-19).
(5) Ning Kong*, Jie Zhang, Hongbo Li, Boyu Wei, R. G. David Mitchell. The influence of a novel inorganic-polymer lubricant on the microstructure of interstitial-free steel during ferrite rolling [J]. Metals, 2020, 10 (2): 178 (1-13).
(6) Bin Yan, Ning Kong*, Jie Zhang, Hongbo Li. High temperature formability of Ti–4Al–2V titanium alloy under hot press forming process [J]. Materials Research Express, 2019, 6 (12): 126501 (1-12).
(7) Zhaoning Zhang, Ning Kong*, Hongbo Li, Jie Zhang. The migration and reaction of ions during the oxidation of Fe-Si alloy with 0.5 wt% Si at 1000–1200 °C [J]. Materials Research Express, 2018, 5 (6): 066506 (1-9).
(8) Anh Kiet Tieu, Ning Kong*, Shanhong Wan, Hongtao Zhu, Qiang Zhu, David Mitchell, Charlie Kong. The influence of alkali metal polyphosphate on the tribological properties of heavily loaded steel on steel contacts at elevated temperatures [J]. Advanced Materials Interfaces, 2015, 2: 1500032 (1-14).
(9) Ning Kong*, Anh Kiet Tieu, Qiang Zhu, Hongtao Zhu, Shanhong Wan, Charlie Kong. Tribofilms generated from bulk polyphosphate glasses at elevated temperatures [J]. Wear, 2015, 330-331: 230-238.
(10) Ning Kong, Jianguo Cao*, Yanping Wang, Anh Kiet Tieu, Lianhong Yang, Anquan Hou, Zebin Wang. Development of smart contact backup rolls in ultra-wide stainless strip rolling process [J]. Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 2014, 29: 129-133.
(11) Ning Kong, Anh Kiet Tieu*, Hongtao Zhu, Qiang Zhu. Application of solid lubricant during warm rolling process of interstitial free steel. Materials Research Innovations, 2013, 17: 79-84.
(12) Yanlin Li, Jianguo Cao, Ning Kong, Dun Wen, Henghao Ma, Yunsong Zhou. The effects of lubrication on profile and flatness control during ASR hot strip rolling. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2017, 91(5-8): 2725-2732.
(13) Li Yanlin, Cao Jianguo, Kong Ning, Wen Dun, Ma Henghao, Zhou Yunsong. The integration effects on flatness control in hot rolling of electrical steel. Steel Research International, 2017, 88(4): 1600208 (1-7).
(14) Anh Kiet Tieu, Shanhong Wan, Ning Kong, Qiang Zhu, Hongtao Zhu. Excellent melt lubrication of alkali metal polyphosphate glass for high temperature applications. RSC Advances, 2015 (5): 1796-1800.
(15) Ning Kong*, Shanshan Liu, Hongbo Li, Jie Zhang. The graphene as friction reduction and antiwear additive in polyphosphate lubricant for elevated rubbing surfaces. In: World Tribology Congress, September 17-22, 2017, Beijing, China.
(16) Ning Kong*, Kiet Tieu, Hongtao Zhu, Qiang Zhu. Tribological Behavior during Rolling of Ultra-low Carbon Steel at Warm Temperature Range with Solid Lubricant. In: Advances in Materials & Processing Technology Conference (AMPT), November 16-20, 2014, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
(17) Cao Jianguo, Zhang Jie, Kong Ning, Mi Kaifu. Finite Element Analysis of Strip and Rolling Mills, Finite Element Analysis, David Moratal (Ed.), ISBN: 978-953-307-123-7, SCIYO. (Book chapter), 2010.
Honors and Awards:
Dr. Ning Kong has received more than 10 foundations from the government and companies, such as the National Natural Science Foundation, China Postdoctoral Science Foundation, Open Research Fund of State Key Laboratory of Central South University and Chongqing University, The Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities, Ma Steel Projects, et al. Dr. Kong also has participated more than 10 projects such as the National Key R&D Program of China, ARC Projects, Shougang Group, et al. Dr. Kong has published more than 20 high-level academic papers and 2 books. He also has applied 12 invention patents and 2 software copyrights. He has cooperatively supervised more than 10 doctoral and master students in Mechanical Engineering.